Linda Drinks is an original business initiative dedicated to the production and marketing of 100% natural drinks that combine fruits with other ingredients such as ginger or Sichuan pepper.
Linda Drinks was born after a trip to India by its two founders, where they discovered a recipe for lemonade with ginger that they decided to reinvent. In 2014, a couple of years later, they sold the first units of their natural soft drinks. Today, its range of care products is distributed through more than 800 outlets.
ERP SAP Business One in the AWS's cloud
The client was interested in optimizing IT services around their SAP Business One ERP (on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2012), which was deployed on a physical HPE ProLiant ML310e tower-type server located in their offices. This forced him to perform the complete management of the equipment: updates, backups, warranties, etc.
The risks of maintaining a server in an undesigned location, as well as the work required to maintain it in optimal condition, added to the uncertainty of the potential growth required when business volumes increased.
The client then decided to look for a solution with the following characteristics:
- Cloud Service
- Comprehensive IT-level Management
- Cost optimization
The client selected AWS as the industry leader and requested the help of a partner to design and implement the cloud migration that met their requirements.
Initially, the cost associated with the migration, corresponding to reinstalling all its software on the new platform, was the main stumbling block of the process. To overcome this, apser suggested Linda make a bit-by-bit copy of the disk from her current server to AWS, eliminating all migration work.
For this purpose, an EC2 server based on EBS storage of the SSD type, which had been obtained from a direct copy of the original server, was deployed. Lifecycle Manager was also implemented to manage backups, offering 3 copies daily for 30 days (3 times more than on the original platform) and GuardDuty to analyse possible security incidents.
The migration was carried out in two phases:
- The first phase was for the client to validate that the resource selection and the migration process had a positive effect on the server’s performance and that the server’s functionality remained exactly the same as it did in the original server.
- The second phase was implemented in June 2019 according to planning designed not to impact the client’s business. The migration was undertaken without any incident.
Once the migration was complete, the client was able to use their platform:
- in a much more secure environment
- accessible from any location
- with better backup and monitoring systems
- with the ability to grow when needed
- with 20% cost savings due to the fact that the server automatically switches off at night, when not needed, and switches on before the start of the operation. working time
The following expected challenges are:
- Server Resource Growth associated with Business Growth
- SAP Database Outsourcing to Amazon RDS for SQL Server
- Inclusion of a VPN system for private access to the environment
apser is the AWS Advanced Consulting Partner specializing in companies, public administrations, startups and non-profit.
The apser team provides a customized, easy-to-understand and agile approach with the goal of contributing to the widespread adoption of the cloud paradigm.
Our team operates through two business units: Cloud Solutions (acting as a managed services provider) and Cloud Professional Services (acting as a consulting firm).
In 2018 we had our first experience with AWS. Since then, we have not stopped incorporating knowledge and experience that, day by day, help us improve the effectiveness of our clients’ platforms. You can consult our AWS Validated Qualifications here.
We would love to know your goals and collaborate with you to achieve them. Fill in the following form and we will contact you shortly
Telephone 902 02 62 13
Monday to Friday from 09h to 18h.
Coso Street, 46 1st Floor
Marketing & Sales
Prat de la Riba, 31 2º
C/María Díaz de Haro, 43